Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Korea suffers KO
Marbury buries NBA return forever EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:52 am by ramieljosh18

» Korean star Lee salutes brave Pingris: 'He was the biggest difference in game'
Marbury buries NBA return forever EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:25 am by ramieljosh18

» Gilas Pilipinas teammates expect ‘El Granada’ explosion from slumping Gary David
Marbury buries NBA return forever EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:34 am by ramieljosh18

» Hoping to bounce back, Gilas Pilipinas turns focus on defense versus Japan
Marbury buries NBA return forever EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:30 am by ramieljosh18

» 'Unfinished business' is Blakely's top motivation
Marbury buries NBA return forever EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:51 am by ramieljosh18

»  Alaska import impressive but still not in game shape, admits coach Luigi Trillo
Marbury buries NBA return forever EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:45 am by ramieljosh18

»  Approved rule changes in effect for Governors’ Cup
Marbury buries NBA return forever EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 am by ramieljosh18

» VIDEO: Nothing like playing for your country in world championships, says Jaworski
Marbury buries NBA return forever EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:32 am by ramieljosh18

» Iran Coach says Gilas is dangerous
Marbury buries NBA return forever EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:28 am by ramieljosh18

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Marbury buries NBA return forever

:: NBA News

Go down

Marbury buries NBA return forever Empty Marbury buries NBA return forever

Post by Admin 18 Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:46 am

Marbury buries NBA return forever 2013_06_26_05_529

Published: June 27, 2013

Marbury
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury said he no longer has the desire to return to the world’s most popular league saying he’s happy doing his stuff in the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA).
“I don’t have the desire to play in the NBA anymore,” Marbury told reporters during a dinner last Tuesday at the EDSA Shangrila in Mandaluyong.

The 36-year old Marbury left NBA in 2009, uncertain of his future after no team took up his option. But Marbury did not say if there was any offer from any NBA team for him to return.

Marbury had several run-ins with officials during his tumultuous NBA career and at one point was banned from attending New York Knicks game after a feud with his coach Mike D’Antoni.

He found new basketball life in China where he played for three teams before finding true success with the Beijing Ducks which he led to this year’s championship.

So grateful were the management and fans of his team that a statue was built in his honor.

“What I’ve done playing basketball here in Asia has been a little bit more gratifying for me opposed to playing in the NBA,” said a reflective Marbury who was a two-time All-Star. “The NBA, don’t get me wrong, it was great and it provided me the opportunity of playing many years against top talents in the world.”

“But being able to play basketball in China, I’m able to actually be a part of the development and growth of a league that is in the process of taking off.”

Marbury was selected fourth overall by the Milwaukee Bucks in the talent-rich 1996 NBA Draft that also included Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Ray Allen. His rights were later traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves where he formed a partnership with Kevin Garnett.

After helping Minnesota to the franchise’s first two NBA playoff appearances, Marbury was dealt to the New Jersey Nets in 1999, before playing for the Phoenix Suns (2001-2003), New York Knicks (2004-2009) and the Boston Celtics (2009).

Admin 18
Admin

https://basketballaddiktus.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down