Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Korea suffers KO
Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:52 am by ramieljosh18

» Korean star Lee salutes brave Pingris: 'He was the biggest difference in game'
Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:25 am by ramieljosh18

» Gilas Pilipinas teammates expect ‘El Granada’ explosion from slumping Gary David
Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:34 am by ramieljosh18

» Hoping to bounce back, Gilas Pilipinas turns focus on defense versus Japan
Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:30 am by ramieljosh18

» 'Unfinished business' is Blakely's top motivation
Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:51 am by ramieljosh18

»  Alaska import impressive but still not in game shape, admits coach Luigi Trillo
Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:45 am by ramieljosh18

»  Approved rule changes in effect for Governors’ Cup
Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 am by ramieljosh18

» VIDEO: Nothing like playing for your country in world championships, says Jaworski
Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:32 am by ramieljosh18

» Iran Coach says Gilas is dangerous
Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:28 am by ramieljosh18

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes

Go down

Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes Empty Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes

Post by Admin 18 Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:35 am

Fresh eyes: Tim Cone attends Gilas practice to help out Chot Reyes Tim-cone-finals

The relationship of Tim Cone and Chot Reyes goes a long way back.

Reyes served as Cone’s top assistant during the American coach’s early years at Alaska. Cone also tapped Reyes as his chief deputy when he coached the 1998 Philippine Centennial Team.

Cone returned the favor in 2007, helping Reyes out when it was the latter’s turn to coach the national team.

So with Reyes back at the helm of the Philippine squad, it came as no surprise to see the San Mig Coffee coach attending national team practice late Thursday night.

This is even though Cone is not officially part of the SMART-Gilas Pilipinas coaching staff.

“I told him I will be here for a couple of practices to give him ‘fresh eyes,’” Cone told InterAKTV in an exclusive interview.

Gilas is in the midst of its final buildup for the FIBA Asia Championship set August 1 to 11 in Manila. The team aims to finish in the top three of the competition for a ticket to the 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain.

“I think that’s a management term. Companies hire people to come in and go over the books, the procedure and stuff, just to give a different point of view.

“At times, you’re locked in what they’re doing every day, and someone comes in fresh and may see something you don’t see, something you don’t see everyday.”

“That’s why I’m coming in giving him ‘fresh eyes,’ just going over what they do and giving him some insights on how I see it. He can throw it in a garbage or think about it.”

Cone said he will share his insights about the team and put them in black-and-white for the benefit of Reyes.

“I will write a report and e-mail that report to him, giving my ideas,” he said.

Admin 18
Admin

https://basketballaddiktus.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down